The Civil Engineering Department of AISSMS College of Engineering was started in the academic year 2002-03. The goal of the Department is to prepare students for successful careers in construction industry that meets the needs of Indian and multinational companies and to excel in higher studies. The Department has experienced and dedicated faculty members with strong commitment to the engineering education and professional ethics. Annual Intake of undergraduate and post graduate is 120 and 18.
Intake of Civil Engineering Department
|Undergraduate and Post graduates||Annual Intake|
- Nurture the talent in civil engineers to work as global leaders for development of society.
- Provide quality education to develop competent civil engineers.
- Create awareness among students for sustainable development.
- Cultivate the leadership qualities for becoming successful entrepreneurs.
Short Term Goals
- To augment infrastructure and processes for enhancement in teaching learning.
- To extend assistance to students for competitive examinations, higher studies and entrepreneurship.
- To establish Research centre.
Long Term Goals
- To develop testing and consultancy facilities.
- To have cent percent Doctorate faculties.
- To strengthen collaboration with the reputed institutes and industries.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
Engineering knowledge – Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
Problem analysis – Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
Design/development of solutions – Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Conduct investigations of complex problems – Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Modern tool usage – Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
The engineer and society – Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Environment and sustainability – Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Ethics – Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Individual and teamwork – Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communication – Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Project management and finance – Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Life-long learning – Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
Apply the concept to analysis, design, construction and maintenance of civil engineering projects.
Enhance communication and leadership skills for overall development of students.
Awareness to the students for environmental and social issues.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- To produce civil engineering’s who will be fully aware of the impact of their work on society, both nationally and globally.
- To achieve a high level of technical expertise to succeed in civil engineering practice and research.
- To develop civil engineers who acquire professionalism, leadership and commitment to professional development through lifelong learning.
Areas for ongoing research work:
- Energy and environment
- Construction industry
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Water resource Engineering
Salient Features of the BE and ME programmes
- Well-equipped laboratories with advanced analytical instruments
- Dedicated faculty members with experience from industry and research
- Innovative teaching learning methodology with continuous assessment of student’s performance
- Computational and simulation software available to solve problems numerically
- Students ranked in university
- Well-equipped project laboratory for research
- Research by students on funded research projects
- Every year students excel in GATE, GRE and CAT /CET with many students pursuing post- graduate programs in engineering/management in India and abroad
All Round Development of Students through
- Monthly presentations for progress of seminar and project
- Organize soft and technical skill training for students to improve placement
- Guest lecture from industry expert and site visits for each course