The Students Chapter and Technical Activity Cell at AISSMS College of Engineering is formed to focus on overall development of Students and imbibing qualities of leadership, organisational management, teamwork, marketing, publicity etc. The objective is to motivate students for dissemination of theoretical knowledge in context of actual applications and learning recent techniques with professional applicability.
1) Establishment of Chapters (staff and students)
2) Updating the member list
3) Organization of activities
4) Establishment of student club
Various Students’ Chapters:
1) Institute of Engineers (India), IEI
2) Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, IIChE
3) Computer Society of India, CSI
4) Indian Concrete Institute, ICI
4) Society of Automotive engineers, SAE
5) Institute of Mechanical Engineers, IMechE
6) Indian Society of Heating Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers, ISHRAE
7) Theory of Inventive Problem Solving Techniques, TRIZ
Various Students’ Clubs:
1) Aero Design Club (Garudashwa)
2) AISSMS Robotics Club
3) AISSMS Drone Club
4) AISSMS Film Club
Various technical activities are organized under the aegis of this chapter in above engineering programs.
Following activities are carried out in this Students’ Chapter.
- Guest/expert lectures
- Workshops for students
- Industrial visits/Technical visits for students
- Short Term Training Programs
- Social Program
- National Level Technical Symposium and Exposition (AISSMS Engineering Today, AISSMSET)
- Science Exhibition (Technical Projects in all the Departments)
- Intra and Inter Department Competitions
- Career Counseling and Competitive Examinations
- Soft-skill/leadership programs
- Programs on Entrepreneurship Development
- Aptitude Test, Group Discussion, Technical Test and Mock Personal interviews for students on campus recruitment
- Student’s clubs (College Level)
- Robotics (Initiated by Department of Electronics and telecommunication Engineering)
- Drone club (Initiated by Department of Electronics and telecommunication Engineering)
- Aero-Design Club, Garudashwa (Initiated by Mechanical Engineering )
Most of these activities involve interaction with industry personnel, notable academicians and alumni.
Success stories of IE (I) Students’ Chapter
The students’ chapter of our institute has grand success story. Every Department with IE (I) chapter organizes variety of events/activities/competitions for the students. Annual reports are sent to IE (I) national body for the best Students’ Chapter award in response to the national body’s notice. It’s rare feat to bag the prestigious award at the national level and that to for four straight years in a row. Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering has bagged IE(I) national best students’ chapter award in the year 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 consecutively.
Department of production engineering has bagged awards under National Design Research Forum (NDRF) in project design in the year 2012-13, 2013-14, 2015-16 and 2016-17.
All India students’ committee (AISC) elected faculty advisor and student convener for three years consecutively (AY 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17).
The National event AISSMSET initiated in the academic year 2006-07 and is successfully continued every year till date with increasing participation of students from across many states.