The department of Robotics and Automation is recently established with the Institute with an intake capacity of 30 starting from 2022-2023. This program is approved by AICTE, New Delhi, and Affiliated with the Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune, (MH), India.
Robotics is an emerging multi-disciplinary course that requires profound application-based knowledge in hardware as well as software development, which comprises the design, construction, operation, and application of robots. To remain competitive in the market, Indian industries will have no choice but to adopt the advanced technologies of Robotics and Automation. Therefore, there will be a huge need for robots and thereby robotics engineers in near future. In the new industrial revolution of Industry 4.0, there is a need to understand multidisciplinary concepts for an engineer to work on an industrial assignment.
The design of a robotic system that puts together principles of Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical / Electronics Engineering, and Computer Engineering is necessarily a part of every Organization. The opportunities for a Robotics and Automation Engineer are multifold as the industry is booming up with advanced concepts like smart manufacturing, Robot Programming, Industrial Automation, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Mining, Aerospace, Healthcare, and Defence.
- Contributing to the welfare of society through technical and quality education.
- To produce Best Quality Computer Science Professionals by imparting quality training, hands on experience and value education.
- To Strengthen links with Industry through partnerships and collaborative developmental works.
- To attain self-sustainability and overall development through Research, Consultancy and Development Activities.
- To extend technical expertise to other technical Institutions of the region and play a lead role in imparting technical education.
- Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis:Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO):
- Graduates will be able to design and implement robotic systems that meet specified performance criteria.
- Graduates will be able to analyze and optimize automation processes in manufacturing, healthcare, and other industries.
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in interdisciplinary teams, working collaboratively with professionals from diverse fields such as mechanical engineering, computer science, electrical and electronics engineering.
Program Educational Objective (PEO):
- Graduates will have a deep understanding of the principles, theories, and practices in robotics and automation engineering. They will have the skills necessary to create, design, and manage complex robotic systems. Graduates will also have a solid foundation in mechanical, electrical and electronics engineering, as well as computer science.
- Graduates will be prepared to design and implement robotic systems that are not only technically proficient but also socially responsible.
- Graduates will have an understanding of the ethical considerations involved in the use of robotic systems, such as privacy, safety, and security. They will also be aware of the social implications of robotics and automation, such as job displacement, and be equipped to address these issues in their work.