The Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (formerly Electronics Engineering Department, established in the year 1992). The Department offers a regular four-year B.E and Post Graduate program M.E. (Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering – IOT and Sensor Systems) under the affiliation of Savitribai Phule Pune University.
|Undergraduate & Postgraduate Program||Annual Intake|
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (B E)||60||—|
|IOT and Sensor Systems(M.E)||—||18|
The Department presently has highly qualified and experienced staff on its roll with 6 doctorate and 6 pursuing their PhD degrees. Faculty members of the department are not only engaged in cutting-edge technology research but are also very passionate about teaching. The faculty of the department is encouraged to upgrade their knowledge by encouraging students to attend courses, workshops and seminars and project competitions at state and national levels.
The activities of the Department are conducted, besides teaching, in the areas of research, consulting, training, alumni and Training and Placement. Department is having Advanced Computing Laboratories and Advanced Communication laboratories with high-end equipment’s in the field.
The department is having strong industry institute interaction and number of MOU’s signed
The department has a Center of Excellence in the field of Robotic Process Automation, fully sponsored by “Automation Anywhere”, headquartered in San Jose, California
Also, has a Center of Excellence in the field of AIML and Integrated IOT sponsored by AICTE and Netalla Innovation Pvt. Ltd.
To make students ready for industry requirements the department has started offering 3 Honors programs from AY 2020-21 related to Robotics and Automation and Machine Learning, Data Science and Internet of Things.
The students are encouraged to participate in co-curricular activities like Drone and Robotics – National level Competition, National level conference. The students actively participate in NSS activities. The department also conducts workshops, guest lectures, and Industrial visits to enhance the technical knowledge of students.
Society Growth and Welfare through Competent Electronics and telecommunication Engineering Graduates
- To facilitate E and TC graduates with sight of innovation.
- To provide stimulating learning environment with modern tools and technologies.
- To produce dynamic graduates with ethics and moral values.
- To impart quality education in the field of E and TC engineering to solve societal and industrial problems
- Increase number of Faculty and Student publications in referred journals
- Undertake major and minor research project and fetch research grants from funding agencies.
- Develop Virtual Laboratory for core subjects.
- Initiate customized/skill based certified courses
- Intensify the use of ICT tools for promotion of technology
- To initiate foreign language courses
- Identify and support placements in core industries.
- To become a center of excellence in emerging area of Robotics and Automation.
- Motivating students for competitive examinations.
- To establish incubation center to produce more entrepreneurs.
- Promotion of Research and Consultancy by involving Industry.
- Experienced Faculty
- Effective Teaching – Learning Process
- Industry Institute Interaction
- Research, Development, and Consultancy.
- Faculty Qualification up gradation
- Training Program ,Consultancy and Projects in association with Industries
Program outcomes (PO):
Engineering knowledge: A graduate student will apply knowledge of mathematics and engineering fundamentals to design electronic circuits and systems such as logical circuits, analog circuits, electrical machines, control and communication systems, digital systems etc. and test the results.
Problem analysis: A graduate student will be able to identify, formulate, solve electronics engineering problems.
Design/Development of solutions: A graduate student will demonstrate the ability to design, implement and evaluate a system, process, component and program to meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations for public, health and safety, society and environment.
Conduct investigations of complex problems: A graduate student will investigate, formulate, analyze and provide appropriate solution to simple and complex engineering problem.
Modern tool usage: A graduate student will provide the solutions by using the Modern electronic and IT Engineering Tools and Technologies for practicing electronic Engineering problems.
The engineer and society: A graduate student will demonstrate the ability to learn the impact of industries on society by visiting different industries and understand the importance of industrial products for analog and digital circuits and systems
Environment and sustainability: A graduate student will understand the importance of environmental issues and will design sustainable systems.
Ethics: A graduate student will understand the professional and ethical responsibilities to meet the socio-economic challenges
Individual and team work: A graduate student will function effectively as an individual, member or leader of a team in multidisciplinary setting.
Communication: A graduate student will be able to communicate effectively at different technical and administrative levels.
Project management and finance: A graduate student will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles to manage projects.
Life-long learning: A graduate student will recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO):
An E & TC engineering graduate will be able to:
- PSO1: Systems Development: Design and develop prototype or system using hardware and software skills for multi-disciplinary applications.
- PSO2: Adaptability: Demonstrate an ability to adapt emerging technologies in the field of Artificial Intelligence machine learning, Internet of things and Robotics to solve the real life problems.
- PSO3: Skill Development: Develop technical and management skills through student clubs and industry interactions.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
- PEO1: To build strong fundamental knowledge among graduates required to pursue their higher education and continue professional development.
- PEO2: To enable graduates to identify, analyze and solve Electronics Engineering problems by applying basic principles and modern techniques.
- PEO3: To enable graduates to innovate, design and develop hardware & software components and groom their ability to succeed in multidisciplinary and diverse field.
- PEO4: To inculcate in graduates professional attitude, effective communicational skills, team work skills for becoming a responsible, cultured human being.
The Department has well-equipped laboratories on the following subjects.
- Communication Engineering Lab
- Circuits and simulations Lab
- Signal Processing Embedded System Lab
- Very Large Scale Integration
- Power Electronics and Digital Circuits Lab
- AI and IOT Lab
- Data Analytics Lab
- Project and Skill Development Lab
- Basic Electronics Engineering Lab
Research & Faculty Development:
The Department has faculty strength of 13, who encompass all the sub-disciplines of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering and are active in research in all the areas. They also collaborate with the faculty from other disciplines within and outside the institute. Faculty members have published papers in refereed International/National journals and conferences.
The research activity involves active participation from the students, faculty and the industry. The Department has received generous grants from funding agencies like Savitribai Phule Pune University, AICTE, IETE, IE (I), and various Industries.
The Department is constantly modernizing the infrastructure and lab facilities and is well supported in infrastructure and resources through the Institute.
Facilities like a departmental library, computer center and seminar hall are available for students and staff.
The Department operates its library/reference section/Digital library for both faculty and students. The Department library has a collection of books in various areas of Electronics Engineering. It has a wide collection of reference books, project reports, seminar reports, Instruction manuals etc.