Production Sandwich Engineering Course is provisionally accredited for Two years in 2013 by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) (AICTE)
Department of Production Engineering (Sandwich Pattern)
UG: Intake 60
Production Engineering is a specialized branch of Mechanical Engineering which deals with Engineering Materials, Machining Science, Welding, Forming, Casting, CAD/CAM/CIM, Tool Design, Process Engineering & Tooling, Mechatronic, Operations Research, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Costing, Entrepreneurship Development & Modern practices like TQM, BPR, Concurrent Engineering, Lean Manufacturing, JIT, TPM, SCM, etc. This is a unique branch of engineering in which a balanced approach is given towards basic branch of Mechanical Engineering and Management Science. Candidates having creative, innovative mind, sound technical knowledge, analytical skills, & processing excellent leadership qualities will probably find Production engineering as a challenging & lucrative career. The Production Engineers are employed by Manufacturing, Automobile, Management Consultancies, Finance & Investment Consultancies, Construction, Jewelers, Refining, Service industries, etc.
The course leading to a bachelor’s degree in Production Engineering (Sandwich) was started in the year 1994. One of the Top College for Production Engineering in Pune – AISSMS College Of Engineering qualified and experienced staff on its roll. The activities of the Department are conducted, besides teaching, in the areas of research, consulting, training, alumni and Training and Placement.
- Contributing to the welfare of society through technical and quality education.
- To produce Best Quality Computer Science Professionals by imparting quality training, hands on experience and value education.
- To Strengthen links with Industry through partnerships and collaborative developmental works.
- To attain self-sustainability and overall development through Research, Consultancy and Development Activities.
- To extend technical expertise to other technical Institutions of the region and play a lead role in imparting technical education.
Long term Goals
- Obtain research grand from funding agencies like DST & UGC
- Provide Consultancies
- Collaboration with Industries for joint research
- Establish center for excellence in automation
- To develop virtual laboratory for core subjects
- To establish incubation center to produce more entrepreneurs
Short term Goals
- Modernization of Lab
- Strengthening Research and consultancy
- Improve placement in core industries through Industry Institute Interaction
- Participation of National Swayam entrepreneur forum
- To initiate customize / skilled based certified courses
Programme Educational Objectives(PEO):
- To prepare the graduates for successful careers in IT industry, by developing their ability to solve computing problems in multidisciplinary environment.
- To develop ability among the graduates to analyze data and technical concepts various application development for real life.
- To Motivate and provide graduates various opportunities for further studies, team work and successful career in their chosen domain.
- To motivate and encourage graduates to understand their, Social ,ethical and Cultural responsibilities as well with their professional responsibilities.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Spacific Outcomes (PSO):
PSO1: Graduate is able to demonstrate capacity for self-Learning & growth; and scholarly activity in their respective fields of study.
PSO2: Graduate is able to demonstrate excellence in Critical Thinking, Problem- Solving, analysis and strategic planning
PSO3: An Industry ready graduate is able to create his/her position in organisation where he/she undergoes Industrial Inplant Training.