Click here -> 12th AISSMS ENGINEERING TODAY 2017
Department of Chemical Engineering conducts under-graduate (UG) and post-graduate (PG) programs in Chemical Engineering.
BE Chemical Engineering, four year under-graduate program was started in 1996. It has evolved steadily since then and made significant strides in terms of infrastructure, faculty expertise, student excellence and research activities. Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) has awarded permanent affiliation status for the BE program.
ME Chemical Engineering program was started in 2011 to cater to the demand of Industry and R & D establishments.
The department has 15 faculty members with experience in research and industry.
Vision: Department aims to be a leader in Chemical Engineering education and research.
- To provide quality education to prepare graduates for responsible positions in chemical industry, academia and research
- To carry out research to solve problems of chemical industry and society
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Competency: To make students competent in the fundamental principles of science and Chemical Engineering and train them in modern experimental and computational skills/tools.
- Problem Solving: Educate students to identify, analyze, research and solve Chemical Engineering problems of practical importance to industry and society while taking into consideration ethical, safety, economic and environmental factors.
- Leadership: Develop effective communication, teamwork and leadership skills in students so that they can take up responsible positions in industry and research.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
Chemical Engineering graduates will be able to:
1. Exhibit technical competency, soft skills and leadership to
a. Acquire employment in Chemical engineering or other related industries
b. Pursue advanced degrees in Chemical engineering or allied areas in premier institutes in India and abroad.
2. Demonstrate sound understanding of Chemical engineering fundamentals to solve problems through the use of modern experimental methods and computer aided design and simulation software like AutoCAD, MATLAB and UNISIM.
Program Outcomes (PO)
Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
Design/ Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
Conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
Modern Tools Usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development
Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Lifelong Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Areas for ongoing research work:
- Process Development and Control
- Reaction Engineering
- Process Intensification
- Process Modeling and Simulation
- Separation Processes
- Energy and Environment
- Sugar Industry
Salient Features of the BE and ME programmes:
- Well-equipped laboratories with advanced analytical instruments
- Dedicated faculty members with experience from Industry and Research
- Innovative Teaching- Learning Methodology with continuous assessment of student’s performance
- Computational and Simulation software available to solve problems numerically
- Students ranked in University Results
- Well-equipped project laboratory for research
- Research by students on funded research projects
- Every year students excel in GATE, GRE and CAT /CET with many students pursuing post- graduate programs in Engineering/Management in India and abroad.
All Round Development of Students through:
- Monthly presentations on project progress and seminar.
- Guest faculty is invited to impart Soft Skills training to students
- Every student undergoes in-plant training in industries compulsorily followed by presentations.
- Industry visits are organized every semester.
- Guest lectures /seminars /workshops are organized to cover advanced and emerging areas of Chemical Engineering which are beyond the purview of regular syllabus
- Participation in events (sports, technical & cultural) organized by various reputed institutes across India
- Accessibility of online journals for easy reference in project and seminars.
- Access IIT Bombay library for Books and Journals.
Reputed firms visit campus for Placements. Alumni working successfully in India & abroad.