Since its inception in 1992, the Department of Electronics Engineering will be completing 25 years and has grown tremendously in teaching and research. The Department offers a regular four-year B.E program in “Electronics Engineering” having intake of 60 and Post Graduate program M.E. (Electronics and Telecommunication) in Microwave started in July 2010 having intake of 18 under affiliation of Savitribai Phule Pune University.
From the year 2017 the department changed to “Department of Electronics and Telecommunication“.
The Department presently has highly qualified and experienced staff on its roll. The activities of the Department are conducted, besides teaching, in the areas of research, consulting, training, alumni and Training and Placement. Department is having Advanced Computing Laboratories and Advanced Communication laboratories with high end equipment in the field.
The following forefront areas have been identified to carry out the research studies.
- Microelectronics and Electronics Materials (Basic Electronics)
- Broadband Communication (Optical, Wireless, Microwave)
- Signal Processing
- Instrumentation and Controls and Biomedical
- Advanced Power Electronics
Advanced facilities like departmental library, computer centre and seminar hall are available for students and staff.
The Department has well equipped laboratories on the following subjects.
- Communication Engineering
- Electronics Circuits
- Embedded System Design
- Very Large Scale Integration
- Switching and Digital Electronics
Vision and Mission of Department:
Society growth and welfare through competent Electronics Engineering.
- To facilitate the engineering graduates with a sight of innovation,
- To provide stimulating learning environment with technological orientation to maximize individual potential,
- To produce electronics Engineering Graduates with ethics and moral values,
- To pursue excellence in the field of electronics engineering for the benefit of the society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- To enable student to achieve employment/ and continue professional development in Electronics, Telecommunications, Electrical Power, Computers, Control Systems and IT related industries with appropriate title and compensation.
- To enable student to analyze and solve Electronics Engineering problems by applying basic principles of mathematics, science & engineering and also able to use modern engineering techniques, skills and tools to fulfill social needs.
- To enable student to innovate, design and develop ethically a variety of electronic based components and systems for societal and environmental issues.
Program outcomes (PO):
- Successful engineers who develop innovative solutions for design and construction of electronic systems and other applications of modern engineering which benefits to the society.
- Functioning in teams, exhibiting leadership, and making effective contributions to the benefit of their work place and community.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, broad knowledge, and understanding of multicultural and global perspectives to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
Research & Faculty development:
The Department has faculty strength of 16, who encompass all the sub-disciplines of Electronics Engineering and are active in research in all the areas. They also collaborate with the faculty from other disciplines within and outside the institute. Faculty members have published papers in refereed International/National journals and conferences.
The research activity involves active participation from the students, faculty and the industry. The Department has received generous grants from funding agencies like Savitribai Phule Pune University.
The Department currently consists of 16 faculty members and 6 Non teaching staff members. The approximate strength of students is 250 including 18 post graduate Students. Visiting expert faculty and research scientists, affiliates.
The Department is constantly modernizing the infrastructure and lab facilities and is well supported in infrastructure and resources through the Institute.
Facilities like departmental library, computer centre and seminar hall are available for students and staff.
The Department operates its library/reference section/Digital library for both faculty and students. The Department library has a collection of books in various areas of Electronics Engineering. It has a wide collection of reference books, project reports, seminar reports, Instruction manuals etc.