Since its inception in 1992, the “Department of Electronics Engineering” has completed 25 years and has grown tremendously in teaching and research.
From the year 2017, the department changed to “Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering”.
The Department offers a regular four-year B.E program in “Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering” having an intake of 60 and Post Graduate program M.E. (Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering – VLSI and Embedded Systems) started in July 2019 having an intake of 18 under the affiliation of Savitribai Phule Pune University.
Previously the post graduate program was M.E. (Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering – Microwave Engineering) started in July 2010.
The Department presently has highly qualified and experienced staff on its roll. The activities of the Department are conducted, besides teaching, in the areas of research, consulting, training, alumni and Training, and Placement. Department is having Advanced Computing Laboratories and Advanced Communication laboratories with high-end equipment in the field.
- Society growth and welfare through competent Electronics Engineering.
- To facilitate the engineering graduates with a sight of innovation,
- To provide a stimulating learning environment with the technological orientation to maximize individual potential,
- To produce electronics Engineering Graduates with ethics and moral values,
- To pursue excellence in the field of electronics engineering for the benefit of society.
- To enhance Faculty and student publications.
- To identify and support placements in core industries.
- To initiate customized/skill based certified courses.
- To intensify the use of ICT tools and Learning and Management System.
- To initiate foreign language courses.
Short-term GoalsLong-term Goals:
- To promote Research and Consultancy by involving Industry.
- To undertake Major research projects and Consultancy.
- To establish a Centre of Excellence in Signal Processing
- To develop Virtual Laboratory for core subjects.
- Experienced Faculty
- Effective Teaching – Learning Process
- Industry Institute Interaction
- Research, Development, and Consultancy.
- Faculty Qualification up gradation
- Training Program ,Consultancy and Projects in association with Industries
Program outcomes (PO):
- PO1. Engineering knowledge: A graduate student will apply knowledge of mathematics and engineering fundamentals to design electronic circuits and systems such as logical circuits, analog circuits, electrical machines, control and communication systems, digital systems etc. and test the results.
- PO2. Problem analysis: A graduate student will be able to identify, formulate, solve electronics engineering problems.
- PO3. Design/Development of solutions:A graduate student will demonstrate the ability to design, implement and evaluate a system, process, component and program to meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations for public, health and safety, society and environment.
- PO4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: A graduate student will investigate, formulate, analyze and provide appropriate solution to simple and complex engineering problem.
- PO5. Modern tool usage: A graduate student will provide the solutions by using the Modern electronic and IT Engineering Tools and Technologies for practicing electronic Engineering problems.
- PO6. The engineer and society: A graduate student will demonstrate the ability to learn the impact of industries on society by visiting different industries and understand the importance of industrial products for analog and digital circuits and systems
- PO7. Environment and sustainability: A graduate student will understand the importance of environmental issues and will design sustainable systems.
- PO8. Ethics: A graduate student will understand the professional and ethical responsibilities to meet the socio economic challenges
- PO9. Individual and team work: A graduate student will function effectively as an individual, member or leader of a team in multidisciplinary setting.
- PO10. Communication: A graduate student will be able to communicate effectively at different technical and administrative levels.
- PO11. Project management and finance: A graduate student will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles to manage projects.
- PO12. Life-long learning: A graduate student will recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO):
The following Program Specific Outcomes are established for the Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering:
- PSO1: Analyze, design and test analog and digital circuits or systems for given specification.
- PSO2: Implement functional blocks of hardware- software co-designs for Embedded & signal processing applications.
- PSO3: Apply knowledge of electronic system for societal and environmental problems, as a individual, a member or leader of diverse team in multidisciplinary settings.
The following forefront areas have been identified to carry out the research studies.
- Microelectronics and Electronics Materials (Basic Electronics)
- Broadband Communication (Optical, Wireless, Microwave)
- Signal Processing
- Instrumentation and Controls and Biomedical
- Advanced Power Electronics
Advanced facilities like departmental library, computer centre and seminar hall are available for students and staff.
The Department has well equipped laboratories on the following subjects.
- Communication Engineering
- Electronics Circuits
- Embedded System Design
- Very Large Scale Integration
- Switching and Digital Electronics
Research & Faculty Development:
The Department has faculty strength of 16, who encompass all the sub-disciplines of Electronics Engineering and are active in research in all the areas. They also collaborate with the faculty from other disciplines within and outside the institute. Faculty members have published papers in refereed International/National journals and conferences.
The research activity involves active participation from the students, faculty and the industry. The Department has received generous grants from funding agencies like Savitribai Phule Pune University.
The Department is constantly modernizing the infrastructure and lab facilities and is well supported in infrastructure and resources through the Institute.
Facilities like departmental library, computer centre and seminar hall are available for students and staff.
The Department operates its library/reference section/Digital library for both faculty and students. The Department library has a collection of books in various areas of Electronics Engineering. It has a wide collection of reference books, project reports, seminar reports, Instruction manuals etc.