Since its inception in 1992, the Department of Electronics Engineering will be completing 25 years and has grown tremendously in teaching and research. The Department offers a regular four-year B.E program in “Electronics Engineering” having intake of 60 and Post Graduate program M.E. (Electronics and Telecommunication) in Microwave started in July 2010 having intake of 18 under affiliation of Savitribai Phule Pune University.
From the year 2017 the department changed to “Department of Electronics and Telecommunication“.
The Department presently has highly qualified and experienced staff on its roll. The activities of the Department are conducted, besides teaching, in the areas of research, consulting, training, alumni and Training and Placement. Department is having Advanced Computing Laboratories and Advanced Communication laboratories with high end equipment in the field.
The following forefront areas have been identified to carry out the research studies.
- Microelectronics and Electronics Materials (Basic Electronics)
- Broadband Communication (Optical, Wireless, Microwave)
- Signal Processing
- Instrumentation and Controls and Biomedical
- Advanced Power Electronics
Advanced facilities like departmental library, computer centre and seminar hall are available for students and staff.
The Department has well equipped laboratories on the following subjects.
- Communication Engineering
- Electronics Circuits
- Embedded System Design
- Very Large Scale Integration
- Switching and Digital Electronics
Vision and Mission of Department:
Society growth and welfare through competent Electronics Engineering.
- To facilitate the engineering graduates with a sight of innovation,
- To provide stimulating learning environment with technological orientation to maximize individual potential,
- To produce electronics Engineering Graduates with ethics and moral values,
- To pursue excellence in the field of electronics engineering for the benefit of the society.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO):
- PSO1: Analyze, design and test analog and digital circuits or systems for given specification.
- PSO2: Implement functional blocks of hardware- software co-designs for Embedded & signal processing applications.
- PSO3: Apply knowledge of electronic system for societal and environmental problems, as a individual, a member or leader of diverse team in multidisciplinary settings.
Program outcomes (PO):
- a) A graduate student will apply knowledge of mathematics and engineering fundamentals to design electronic circuits and systems such as logical circuits, analog circuits, electrical machines, control and communication systems, digital systems etc. and test the results.
- b) A graduate student will be able to identify, formulate, solve electronics engineering problems.
- c) A graduate student will demonstrate the ability to design, implement and evaluate a system, process, component and program to meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations for public, health and safety, society and environment.
- d) A graduate student will investigate, formulate, analyze and provide appropriate solution to simple and complex engineering problem.
- e) A graduate student will provide the solutions by using the Modern electronic and IT Engineering Tools and Technologies for practicing electronic Engineering problems.
- f) A graduate student will demonstrate the ability to learn the impact of industries on society by visiting different industries and understand the importance of industrial products for analog and digital circuits and systems.
- g) A graduate student will understand the importance of environmental issues and will design sustainable systems.
- h) A graduate student will understand the professional and ethical responsibilities to meet the socio economic challenges.
- i) A graduate student will function effectively as an individual, member or leader of a team in multidisciplinary setting.
- j) A graduate student will be able to communicate effectively at different technical and administrative levels.
- k) A graduate student will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles to manage projects.
- l) A graduate student will recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Research & Faculty development:
The Department has faculty strength of 16, who encompass all the sub-disciplines of Electronics Engineering and are active in research in all the areas. They also collaborate with the faculty from other disciplines within and outside the institute. Faculty members have published papers in refereed International/National journals and conferences.
The research activity involves active participation from the students, faculty and the industry. The Department has received generous grants from funding agencies like Savitribai Phule Pune University.
The Department currently consists of 16 faculty members and 6 Non teaching staff members. The approximate strength of students is 250 including 18 post graduate Students. Visiting expert faculty and research scientists, affiliates.
The Department is constantly modernizing the infrastructure and lab facilities and is well supported in infrastructure and resources through the Institute.
Facilities like departmental library, computer centre and seminar hall are available for students and staff.
The Department operates its library/reference section/Digital library for both faculty and students. The Department library has a collection of books in various areas of Electronics Engineering. It has a wide collection of reference books, project reports, seminar reports, Instruction manuals etc.