Click here -> 12th AISSMS ENGINEERING TODAY 2017
Production Sandwich Engineering Course is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) (AICTE)
Department of Production Engineering
UG: Intake 60
Production Engineering is a specialized branch of Mechanical Engineering which deals with Engineering Materials, Machining Science, Welding, Forming, Casting, CAD/CAM/CIM, Tool Design, Process Engineering & Tooling, Mechatronic, Operations Research, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Costing, Entrepreneurship Development & Modern practices like TQM, BPR, Concurrent Engineering, Lean Manufacturing, JIT, TPM, SCM, etc. This is a unique branch of engineering in which a balanced approach is given towards basic branch of Mechanical Engineering and Management Science. Candidates having creative, innovative mind, sound technical knowledge, analytical skills, & processing excellent leadership qualities will probably find Production engineering as a challenging & lucrative career. The Production Engineers are employed by Manufacturing, Automobile, Management Consultancies, Finance & Investment Consultancies, Construction, Jewelers, Refining, Service industries, etc.
The course leading to a bachelor’s degree in Production Engineering (Sandwich) was started in the year 1994. The Department presently has highly qualified and experienced staff on its roll. The activities of the Department are conducted, besides teaching, in the areas of research, consulting, training, alumni and Training and Placement.
To produce sensible techno-managers with industry participation.
- Imparting state of art technical education to groom students for today’s dynamic environment
- To enhance overall growth of students through Industry Institute interaction
- To make student learn to think, analyze, express and create with technology.
- To equip students with various qualities viz entrepreneurship, employability and perusing higher studies
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- To develop high level of technical expertise so that students are able to succeed in positions in production practice, higher studies or research and in other fields they choose to perceive.
- To develop the professional skills required for being a production engineer with the solid foundation of mathematics, scientific and engineering fundamentals.
- To inculcate skills for research, development, design and/or utilize new products, processes, materials, devices, systems and/or tools.
- To develop professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skill, teamwork, multidisciplinary approach and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader societal context.
- To participate in lifelong learning activities including but not limited to masters, doctorate, continuing education, leadership development, management training and global involvement/awareness.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
PSO1: Graduate is able to demonstrate capacity for continuous learning & growth, and scholarly activity in their respective disciplines and fields of study.
PSO2: Graduate is able to demonstrate excellence in critical thinking, problem- solving, analysis and strategic planning
PSO3: An Industry ready graduate is able to create his/her position in organisation where he/she undergoes industrial inplant training.