Mechanical Engineering: Career Opportunities And Prospects
Mechanical Engineering is one of the oldest and broadest fields of engineering which implies principles of problem solving techniques from design to manufacturing of any product. Virtually every product or service in modern life has probably been touched in some or the other way by a mechanical engineer to help humankind. It won’t be wrong to say that, mechanical engineers make and mark a difference.
A student pursuing a mechanical engineering programme acquires knowledge about designing, planning, manufacturing, testing, and developing of a new product or process. These skills are always in demand, particularly in the automotive, aerospace, refineries, oil and gas, energy and utilities, biomedical, space research, materials and manufacturing, agriculture field. Areas like 3D printing, electric vehicle building, robotics, mechatronics, machine learning, artificial intelligence etc. are also emerging. Thus, newly minted mechanical engineers are having ample job opportunities in India as well as abroad. Mechanical engineers are crucial for research organisations such as ISRO, BARC, DRDO, ARI, CMERI, HEMRL, NTPC, NMRL, and HAL.
Scope for Mechanical Engineering-
After completing graduation in mechanical engineering, students have plenty of opportunities to pursue post graduation (ME/M.Tech/MS) leading to research degree in the diversified branches such as Automotive Engineering, Design Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Heat Power Engineering, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechatronics, Nanotechnology, Robotics, Advanced Manufacturing, CAD/CAM, Aerospace, Aeronautical, Metallurgy and Material Science.
Mechanical Engineering at AISSMS-
AISSMS College of Engineering established by All India ShriShivaji Memorial Society, Pune, is accredited by NAAC with A+ Grade and also awarded as Best Professional College by SavitribaiPhule Pune University in academic year 2019-20. Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in 1992. The department runs two undergraduate programs viz. Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (Sandwich) and two PG programs with Automotive and Design Engineering as specialization. Department also run research Centre leading to PhD Program. The Mechanical Sandwich Engineering programme run by the department is unique in university which emphasizes on industrial internship for entire one year in a four year degree program. A student learns industrial practices and also professional ethics during internship program. The Mechanical Engineering Department was accredited by NBA as well.
The working of the Department–
- The department at AISSMS has well equipped laboratories with high-end softwares, being exercised by the industry.
- The department has passionate, motivated, highly qualiﬁed, and professionally trained teachers.
- Almost thirty per cent of the faculty members are with PhD qualification.
- Department always empowers faculty for higher education with high competence and deep commitment, energized for excellence in teaching and research.
- The department strives to impart knowledge and training of highest standard.
- The objective of department is to prepare students for successful career in various sectors of industry, research and academics to meet the global challenges.
- It provides students with sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for higher studies as well as research.
- A joyful, rigorous and responsive implementation of curriculum and caring support to optimize teaching-learning process for overall development of students is insured.
USPs of Mechanical Department at AISSMS –
- The department is associated with professional bodies such as SAEINDIA, Institution of Engineers (India), ISHRAE, FPSI.
- It also devices Mechanical Engineering Students Association i.e. MESA.
- There is a very strong culture of encouraging students to understand real life challenges through activities like BAJA, SUPRA, GO KART, EFFICYCLE, AERO-DESIGN
Various activities of these chapters provide student to gain knowledge and interact with students and staff of other colleges/universities as well as Industry Engineers. Our students bring laurels by succeeding in various international/national technical competitions.
Students at AISSMS
Our students bring laurels by succeeding in various international/national technical competitions. They also bagged prizes in academics as well in co-curricular activities. Students secured gold medal at university level examinations, university toppers at SavitribaiPhule Pune University examinations. Students showcase their talent in various sports and intercollegiate technical events and bag prizes.Department is very much supportive for co-curricular and extracurricular activities and students have won various prizes at national level sports and cultural events. Our graduates are working in various core multinational companies, software based companies, defence services, and pursuing their higher education in well known academic institutions in India and abroad.
Mechanical Engineering Department here in AISSMS College of Engineering provides broad-based quality education for holistic development of all students through rigorous and joyful teaching learning process. The department has maintained a good rapport with the industry as well as professional societies. Mechanical Engineering at AISSMS College of Engineering is amongst the best mechanical engineering discipline in Savitribai Phule Pune University.
We welcome you to join AISSMS College of Engineering Pune and experience the best Academics, Co-curricular and Extra-curricular activities for overall development of your ward. We are always there to help you. If you have any question please feel free to contact Dr. B. D. Bachchhav on +91-9850172628.
Dr. B. D. Bachchhav
Head , Mechanical Engineering Department
AISSMS College of Engineering