View AISSMS Engineering Today 2018 Details click here
Since its inception in 1992, the Department of Electrical Engineering has registered tremendous growth in teaching and research. The Department offers a regular four-year B.E program in “Electrical Engineering” and Post Graduate program M.E. in “Power Electronics and Drives” under affiliation of Savitribai Phule Pune University.
Intake of Electrical Engineering Deaprtment
|Programme||Year of Establishment||Sanction Intake|
|UG – Electrical Engineering||1992||60|
|PG – Power Electronics and Drives||2011||18|
To become an excellent learning center in Electrical Engineering providing long-term benefits to the society
- To impart knowledge in the field of Electrical Engineering through excellent academics
- To carry out applied research and conduct need base practices of local and global importance
- To serve society with deep awareness of ethical responsibilities
- Motivating the faculty & students for higher education
- Establishing MOUs with core industries
- Qualitative improvement of University Results & Placements
- To develop Virtual Laboratory for major subjects and promote use of ICT in Teaching Learning
- To Strengthen the alumni interaction
- To apply for Research Centre
- Promotion of Research and Consultancy by involving Industry
- Increase of placements in core industries
- To become a Centre of excellence in Renewable energy systems
- To increase entrepreneurship development activities
- To receive funds/grants from funding agencies
Program outcomes (POs)
- PO1:Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2:Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- PO3:Design/ Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- PO4:Conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5:Modern Tool Usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6:The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- PO7:Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development
- PO8:Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- PO9:Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10:Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11:Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12:Lifelong Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Objectives(PSOs)
Students will be able to
- Demonstrate knowledge and hands-on competence in solving problems of Electrical machines, Power/ Energy systems, Instrumentation & Control, Power Electronics and Automation
- Showcase the skills and abilities of applying simulation and software tools for solving engineering problems
- Exhibit their abilities of soft skills and self / lifelong learning skills through team work emphasizing high human values
Research & Faculty development
The Department has faculty strength of 11, who encompass all the sub-disciplines of Electrical Engineering and are active in research in all the areas. They also collaborate with the faculty from other disciplines within and outside the institute. Faculty members have published papers in refereed International/National journals and conferences.
The research activity involves active participation from the students, faculty and the industry. The Department has received grants from funding agencies like Savitribai Phule Pune University
The Department currently consists of: 11 faculty members and 7 Non teaching staff members. The approximate strength of students is 350 including 36 post graduate students. Visiting expert faculty and research scientists, affiliates.
The Department is constantly modernizing the infrastructure and lab facilities and is well supported in infrastructure and resources through the Institute as well as through Industry.
The Department operates its library/reference section/Digital library for both faculty and students. The Department library has a collection of books in various areas of Electrical Engineering. It has a wide collection of reference books, project reports, seminar reports, manuals etc.
At present, there are ten Laboratories, equipped to perform all the experiments as per University curriculum and also useful for student level projects.