National workshop on “Emerging Technologies in Power Electronics and its Applications”, was conducted in the department. The workshop was co-sponsored by Savitribai Phule Pune University and participants from academia and industry participated in the workshop
Industry-Institute interaction was arranged in the department. Representatives of various industries/research organizations attended the interaction session.
The Departmenlast semester. The members of DAC Dr.S A Khaparde, Professor, IITB and Dr S. E. Talole Scientist G & Professor at the Department of Aerospace Engineering at DIAT, Pune, have interacted with faculty and PG students. Joint Secretary of AISSM Society Shri S.P. Shinde, was also participated in the interaction .
Workshop on LATEX
Two days workshop for faculty members of AISSMS COE was arranged.
Workshop/Conference/seminar attended by faculty
1. Dr.A.A.Godbole, Prof S.K.Biradar, Prof.V.V.Kulkarni and Prof.V.N.Tarange participated in SPPU syllabus revision workshop for SE Electrical at Zeal College of Engineering Pune on 4 April 2016
2. Dr.A AGodbole published paper on “Chopper Based Closed Loop Speed Control Of DC Motor” at International Conference on Computing, Communication, Electrical, Electronics, Devices and Signal. Processing (CCEEDS) March 2015.
3. Dr.A.A.Godbole published paper on “Design and Performance Analysis of Linear Synchrounous Motor for EMALs” Institution of Engineer Journal Pune local chapter, vol29 Nov. 2015
4. Dr.A.A. Godbole published paper on “Z source Inverter fed Induction Motor” at Electrical India vol 55,No12 Dec.2015
5. Dr V.N.Gohokar published paper on “Recent Developments in Distance Protection of Compensated Transmission Lines” Conference ICPC2015 by IEEE
6. DR.V.N.Gohokar and Prof.M.H.Dhend presented paper on “Adaptive, Cognitive and Innovative Tools & Techniques for improving Learning Performance: A Case Study” at 2014 IEEE International Conference on MOOC, Innovation and Technology in Education (MITE) Dec.2014.
7. Dr.V.N.Gohokar and Ms. S.S. Ballpure presented paper on “Data Integration in Smart Distribution Grid Using LED ”, at International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Engineering Trends, Communication, Optimization and Sciences 2015
8. Prof. M. H. Dhend attended international conference on Innovative Scheme For Smart Grid Distribution SCADA System” at IEEE PEL Society, Taipai, Taiwan during 1-4 Nov. 2015.
9. Prof. Mrs. Mangal H. Dhend attended a IEEE International conference on Smart Grid at Bangkok, Thailand in November 2015
10. Prof. Mrs. Mangal H. Dhend was selected for IEEE Zucker travel award by IAS Chapter of IEEE, USA for attending annual meeting and International conference at Dallas, Texas, USA in October 2015.
11. Prof M.H.Dhend published paper “Role of Smart metering in smart Grid” at Cyber Times International Journal of Technology and Management Sept.2014
12. Prof M.H.Dhend published paper “Harmonics measurement and mitigation in VFD: case study of Industry” at Cyber International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication” IJRITCC Feb.2015
13. Prof Mrs A A Apte presented paper on “Study of sensorless control algorithms for a permanent magnet synchronous motor vector contro drive”, at International Conference on Industrial Instrumentation and Control (ICIC), May 2015 held at COEP Pune sponsored by IEEE
14. Prof Mrs A A Apte presented paper on “Simulation of a permanent magnet synchronous motor using Matlab-Simulink”, at Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON), 11-13 Dec. 2013
15. Prof Mrs. A A Apte presented paper on “Speed control of PMSM using Disturbance Observer ” at4th International conference on Advances in Control and Optimization of Dynamical systems ACODS 2016 held at NIT Trichy on 1-5 Feb 2016.
16. Prof.Mrs.P.Sankla published paper on “Modeling and Simulation of Three Phase Brushless DC Motor Using Model Reference Adaptive Controller” at International Journal of Inventions in Computer Science and Engineering 2014
17. Prof.Mrs.P.Sankla published paper on “New Approaches for Harmonic Reduction Using Cascaded H-Bridge and Level Modules” at INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INNOVATIONS IN ENGINEERING RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY [IJIERT] 2015
18. Prof.Mrs.M.A.Vagha published paper “A Novel Approach for Battery Balancing” at INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND COMPUTER SYSTEMS 2015
19. Prof.Mrs.M.A.Vagha published paper “ADesign and Implementation of Multilevel Inverter with Battery Harmonizing ” at INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ADVANCED RESEARCH IN ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING June 2015
20. Prof.S.K.Biradar, Prof V.V. Kulkarni and Prof S.Y.Chavan attended two days workshop on Arduino at IIT Bombay on 3-4 July 2015
21. Dr.V.N.Gohokar attended two days workshop at IISC Banglore on Intel Galilio.
22. Dr.A.A.Godbole and Prof. A.A.Apte attended 4 days winter school on Control and Dynamical system at IIT Gandhinagar from 24-27 Jan 2016
23. Prof. S.R.Lengde and Prof.V.N.Tarange attended 6 days workshop on PLC SCADA and HMI at Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering Pune from 18-23 Jan 2016.
24. Prof. V.N.Tarange , Prof. M.A.Vagha and Prof S.S.Ballarpure attended 1 day workshop on Harmonics in Industrial Power Systems at AISSMS IOIT by IEEE DL series 23 Nov.2015
25. Prof. V.N.Tarange, Prof.M.A.Vagha, Prof. S.S.Balapure and Prof.Simeen Mujawar attended 1 day workshop on Electrical Testing and Diagnostics of Induction Machines at PVG’COET pune by IEEE DL series 18 Nov.2015
26. Dr.A.A.Godbole and Prof A.A.Apte attended two weeks STTP on Control system organized by IIT Kharagpur under Mission Ten2K at PVG’s COET Pune.
IE (I) Student Chapter
In the academic year 2015-16, Department Of Electrical Engineering organised the event “WATT’S 2015” under the “AISSMS ENGINEERING TODAY 2015-16”. The event was organised on 14,15 &16 September 2015 on the occasion of ENGINEER’S DAY. These events were conducted by the students under the guidance of faculty members.
On 14 September 2015, SCIENCE EXIBITION was organized by the department in which 33 engineering projects were designed and presented by the students. This exhibition is specially organised for the school students to understand the “WHAT IS ENGINNERING” and also “VARIOUS BASIC CONCEPTS RELATED WITH ENGINNIRING”. ELECTRICAL EVOLUTION was the theme for this exhibition. More than 1500 students from various schools and colleges visited for the exhibition. For this exhibition, students got guidance from Prof. Dr. A A Godbole (HOD Dept. of Electrical Engg. ) and other faculty members of the Department. Prof. M A Vagha was the faculty in charge and Mr. Ajinkya Jadhav(General Secretary) and Mr. Ketan Kasar (Joint General Secretary) were Event Heads of the Exhibition.
On 15th September 2015, inaugural function of technical events was held in departmental seminar hall. Mr. Milind Naik and Mr. Mahesh Lohar was the chief guest for the function. Mr Naik said,” Such a kind of events will help students to build up their personality and confidence and the events will also helps for students for their future research”. Mr Lohar said, “ This event is very well planned and it will help to build up new concepts in Engineering.” On this occasion the unveiling of wall magazine “GANDHAKSH”.Four events were organized on the same day at various locations including Robotica, Brain Storming, Techno Quiz and NFS.
On 16th September 2015, three events -Parachute Panic, Circuit Wizard, Block Diagram Arranger were organised. Total 600 students participated for the events and 6 entries from other states. Total prize money was Rs 26000/-.
Prof Shital Chavan was the faculty co-ordinator and Mr Ajinkya Jadhav (General Secretary) was Event Head and Mr. Ketan Kasar(Joint General Secretary) was Co Event Head . Prof K S Patil , Prof S S Balharpure and Prof S S Mujawar were of great helping hand in organising these events. These events were sponsored by GURUKRUPA CONSRTUCTIONS, Pune, TRIMURTI CONSTRUCTIONS ROHA, and PROLIFIC SYSTEMS, PUNE.